[TYPO3-dev] Hook proposal for alt_doc.php

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jul 8 00:35:06 CEST 2006

David Bruehlmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a hook for alt_doc.php, in the function
> processData() right before $this->data is passed to TCE main.
>
> With this hook it is possible to change the instance of alt_doc.php
> _before_ the data is passed to TCE-main. This can be useful e.g. if an
> extension wants to unset certain records before they are processed by
> TCE-main, where it is not possible to stop TYPO3 from saving to the
> database.

Well ... it is possible :)

Use this hook in t3lib_tcemain for process_datamap:

          $hookObj->processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray($incomingFieldArray, $table, $id, $this);

If you define your hook-method (processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray) like following:

function processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray($incoming, $table, &$id, $parentObj)	{

you will be able to set $id to 0 (because & is used it is a variable passed by reference)

when $id get's set to 0 this record won't get processed further (the initial processing before this
hook isn't doing something tragical until the above hook get's executed) ...

> Please refer to the diff attached to bug 3812:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3812

If you agree I will set the bug to "resolved"

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919