[TYPO3-dev] is minW working for images?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 3 13:30:53 CEST 2006

Hi!

I tried to set a minimum width for images. I didn't work for men. When I
tried to see why I came across t3lib_stdGraphic->getImageScale().

It seems to me that this is the method that will determine if and how the
image shall be scaled.

This works for maxW as both the old size (array keys origW/origH) and the
new size (array indices 0/1) are calculated and set.

But this does not happen for minW and minH. The method only sets the new
size but does not set the old size. This is needed for the calling method
t3lib_stdGraphic->imageMagickConvert().

But even it would set it, it'd be wrong. Because the image won't be scaled
proportionally.

Can it be that I'm just dumb? Because I never understood why TPYO3 has
width/maxW/minW *plus* the option to set with "width" an "m". I always had
the feeling that maxW should scale (or crop).

What I'm trying to do is to enforce a fixed with (I allow scaling up) with
preserving the proportions. But I cannot get it right on a low-level and
cannot set it via TS (I want to scale tt_content images).

So is it a user error, a missing feature or a bug?

Masi