[TYPO3-dev] SQL request before deleting record in Backend

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Jul 1 15:45:13 CEST 2006

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to know if it is possible to put a SQL request when you
>>> are trying to delete a record from the backend. Or just to put a new
>>> button next to the present delete that give that possibility.
>>>
>>> My goal is to make sure that the record I'm trying to delete is not
>>> related to any other record.
>>>
>> There should be a hook in TCEMain for this.
>>
>> Dmitry.
>>

> Do the new "Reference index" table used for that ?
>
> I have the feeling that lots of things could be done using this almost
> hidden feature...
>
> Am I wrong on that one ?
>
> Patrick

Hey Patrick,

do you happen to know where I can find the API to work with this?
I need this feature aswell on both the FE aswell as BE.
However I am not sure where to find the appropriate documentation.

I also need this for DAM, but I am not aware if both use the system system
or that typo3 has it's own method, aswell as DAM. I posted this on
typo3-dev but no response.

Ries