[TYPO3-dev] "Extension chaos"

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Jan 28 14:34:13 CET 2006

Hi
> I think that the community needs a change in some ways. There are so
> many features that are needed by numerous developers and everybody is
> developing his own workaround. I know that there is a "Extension
> Coordination Team" (ECT) now which is the right way in my eyes, but this
> is only handled over the wiki which is not present enought for the whole
> community.

I think you all have to be patient!!! The ECT is newly born and
it is not very easy to change the community away from the "do it
yourself" mentality to a "cooperation" mentality!

I guess the wiki pages are more like a working area for the ECT.
When there are things ready to be released we should use the
typo3.org web pages and/or TER for that.

But right now we are just in a discussion phase and there are
lots of work to be done before we have something concrete to
show the community.

But maybe we should be better at spreading information about the
progress and try even harder to get people involved...?

> exampels for "basic" extensions:
> - gallery
> - forum
> - blog
> - poll
> - rating
> - partner framework (allready a project)
> - etc.

I like the idea (I don´t think it´s new) and like to add:
- Link list

--

Peter Kindström
Visit the swedish TYPO3 web site