[TYPO3-dev] locking of records

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat Jan 28 10:10:47 CET 2006

On 27.01.2006 23:36, Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> that serial number already exists and is called "tstamp".

This is not really a serial number, since its not increased on each save
and has a granuarity of seconds. So saves going on at the same second
aren't going to be consistency checked. It shouldn't happen on human
updates (loading the data, looking at it, changing and saving it back
takes more than a second), but might be a problem if we have scripts
updating the data at the same time.

If you tell you are using this as a serial number to a database
developer, he will laught on that locking, but I think TYPO3 users can
live with that!

Cheers,
Ernesto