[TYPO3-dev] wich frontend libary to chose for cutom extensions

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri Jan 27 10:10:39 CET 2006

Hi Elmar and all,

one last thing for now:

While I understand that many authors would like to see a formslib rather
now than later, and the same goes for the MVC framework:

If you take these projects seriously, you'll have to revamp a whole lot
of the TYPO3 core. I honestly don't see the point in implementing this
in extensions, except that they might be available earlier on.

Such huge changes in architecture will have to be done for TYPO3 5.0.

Most of the core developers are busy with shipping 4.0, and have been so
for quite some time now. Once we're done with that, there will hopefully
be an R&D-Meeting where we'll address many of the issues mentioned here.

So, please don't rush any development that would soon be obsoleted by a
core redesign.

Greetings,
Michael