[TYPO3-dev] wich frontend libary to chose for cutom extensions

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Wed Jan 25 18:22:20 CET 2006

Hi all!

> I am very interested in that! I am rewriting cwt_community and decided
> to use my own form managment that is pretty dynamic but far from
> perfect. Now you can configure a list of db fields with TS and
> cwt_community displays those as profile fields according to the type in
> TCA and also does some validation of dates, emails, urls, etc.
>
> I can give you guys some of that code, it's pretty messy, but it might
> help.

Same here! Me too I started writing an own API for rendering accessible
FORMS based on the TCA of a DB table. But it is far from being complete.
Only INPUT TEXT / HIDDEN, CHECKBOXES, FILEUPLOAD, SELECT are supported
by now. A good thing: nicely and dynamically rendered with LABEL tag.
Evaluating methods are still missing a lot!

So I decided to dig deeper into Stefans sg_zfelib which for me seems to
be the most elaborated one. Unfortunately I haven't got it to work yet.

I am trying to follow Stefan's STEP-BY-STEP but somehow I don't get
displayed anything. Are there any other important steps I might have
missed? But in order not to capture this thread I will post this in the
ENGLISH list. So if anybody has some hints (maybe Stefan!? :) ) please
answer there...

Cheers,
Jochen