[TYPO3-dev] Manipulating languages

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jan 25 13:16:35 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> tapio wrote:
>
>>1) I what variable is stored the language
>>of the BE interface
>

> Probably, somewhere in BE_USER. Why you actually need it? Probably, you
> go wrong way, you should not care about it.

For frontend editing. Titles and button text should be depending on the
language of the BE interface, which the BE-user has been set for him/her.
I tried to find $GLOBALS - but I didn't.

  [_REQUEST][fe_typo_user] - not the language.

>>2) How I could manipulate function $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sL(...)
>>to work on the base of the BE language instead of the language of the page

> This is a FE function (TSFE is a part of FE!), you need to use other
> language functions. Take a look to any BE module to find how.

Well the easiest solution is to find the correct BE function.

In fact Typo3 itself works inconsistent Frontend editing.

Language of edit panel depends of the language of the BE interface, BUT

language of the edit icons depends - incorrectly - on the language of
the currect page!

I would like to fix that too - if not using a proper function by
manipulation language info.