[TYPO3-dev] bidirectional mm relation via TCA

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Jan 25 11:55:16 CET 2006

I think Rene Fritz is currently applying a patch that will improve
flexibility with the MM relations - and in the light of that
development I think this feature will be - or could easily be - made
available.

Another thing I often thought would be cool is if those MM-records
could contain data also: So for a list of relations to other records
you could enter additional meta data. The only problem technically is:
- this is not supported in the "protocol" of relations transferred to/
from TCEform (only transfers the relation and title)
- not supported in the import/export format
- Each time relations are saved the old records are flushed and the
new are created (easiest to implement instead of looking at which to
add and which to remove).

- kasper