[TYPO3-dev] extension development libraries

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Mon Jan 23 08:36:03 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz skrev:

> Luc Franken schrieb:
>> Hi Elmar,
>>
>> You don't get the clue: I am willing to add one or more of my people
>> into such development team. And yes I want some securities that they are
>> not doing a job which doen't bring a sufficient result, in that case I
>> could better let them do some paid-development things.
>>

> It's really easy. Don't sit and wait that some "official" is flying by to give
> you "securities". It's on yourself to get active and contribute. The quality and
> usefullness of your contributions give the security that they are implemented.
> Nearly everything that is implemanted into the core starts as an extension and
> has to prove it's usefullness before.
>
> It's on yourself to decide what you want to contribute and it's on you  to
> actively ask "the officials". Ask the active members for coordinating questions.
> That is quite the same. "The officials" are practically all those users that
> actively contribute. This is not an army where you wait for orders. And it is
> not the place where you can give any orders to anybody.

I do understand your worries, Luc. You are ready to offer many
programming hours, but doesn't want to see your effort been flushed down
the drain because the "officials" says "That's not that way we like it".

But as Elmar Hinz already said, I think you should join the ECT team.
That must be as good as getting an approval from the core guys.
Also I think that there are some core guys in the ECT.
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extension_coordination_team

/Stig