[TYPO3-dev] bidirectional mm relation via TCA

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Sun Jan 22 17:41:22 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> I have not tested it yet. But I already missed the other direction in MM
> relations. Unidirectional MM-relations are not very logically. David B.
> complained about it some days ago. The unbalanced naming scheme of the MM-tables
> also isn't too logically, but one can live with it.

i've just studied the code of "directional" ext, and seems very simple and good.

the only problem i see (as Mads Brunn knows) is the web->list of the records.. it doesn't recognize the inversed mm relation.
(it displays N/A) and could be ok

yes the naming "uid_local" and "uid_foreign" is not the best.. but it's too late now to change it.
and it's not the worse thing around.

i just added Bidirectional to the ext for the Core:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extensions_for_the_core

hug
stefano
krur.com