[TYPO3-dev] Link catalog extension (ab_linklist) development

Valery Romanchev romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Sun Jan 22 11:56:53 CET 2006

Hi All
I start making Link catalog for a site.
I select the most feature rich extension ab_linklist (many thanks to Andreas
Bulling for this greate job).
Now I start to add "multiple category" feature to this extension (a link can
be in many categories)

I already implemet BackEnd with "tree" select like in tt_news.
This patch will be integrated in next version of ab_linklist  (Andreas
Bulling  confirm this).

Some questions:
1) Do core team plan to implement "tree" select as standatd TCA feature in
future versions of TYPO3 ?
As I see, now it is used by tt_news, DAM, graytree.. This will be very
usefull.

2) Is it possible to improve usability of select "tree":
For example, categories will be
Sport -> Europe -> Germany
and
Culture -> Europe -> Germany