[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Jan 18 15:08:34 CET 2006

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> If the USER_CINT plugin will decide based on piVars whether it will be
> cached or not (since once it is cached as USER, there's no way to change
> that, since TYPO3-core won't ever call it again), the plugin can have a
> static/setup.txt which does exactly this already, just as JoH already
> mentioned. No need for +ext-Templates or other stuff. The
> plugin-developer can already place this stuff in the static/setup.txt,
> which the user is expected to include anyway on installation of the plugin.

I afraid it will not work like this... Core first decides whether to
cache or not to cache plugin's output and only then calls the plugin.
Decision is based on USER/USER_INT type. When it is INT, a marker is
placed in the content where plugin should be inserted. When page
rendering finished, page is cached. And only then INT object is executed
and marker is replace by the content that it generates.

I cannot imagine how to implement USER_CINT with the existing core.
Thought about it but do not see how. Using a new method that tells
whether it is INT or not?

Dmitry.