[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 18 14:41:13 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb am 18.01.2006 14:07:

> after all this discussion I think Ernesto has given the best answer.
>
> * The developer can preconfigure the behaviour by conditions in setup.txt of the
> static plugin template.
>
> * The admin can change this behaviour in the sense of Joey by overwriting the
> settings in the main template.
>
> * I just want to add that it is necessary to include the static plugin template
> by hand. If you use the function:
>
> t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScriptSetup ($setup);

Which is not recommended to do, since the recommended behaviour of
extensions is to provide a set of static setup which can be included "on
demand". Thus I can have multiple TYPO3-sites on one installation
(different trees) and use different extensions on each one of them,
without having some "magic global setup".

So I would recommend against it. tt_news already does it right: You see
no output until you include the static typoscript. This is what we
expect from future extensions.

> in ext_tables.php you can even avoid the necessary inclusion by hand.

And I think it should be placed in ext_localconf.php, not
ext_tables.php, as I'm not sure ext_tables will be included in
frontend-mode.

Cheers,
Ernesto