[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 18 13:53:08 CET 2006

> The new object solves the problem and all the burden is on the
> shoulders of the development author.

As I already said: It's not up to the author of the extension to make the
final decision about caching and other behaviours.
If the extension is not configurable anymore it will force the admin to
accept the behaviour even if it doesn't fit his needs.

> A new type meakes it quite clear in the object browser that caching
> may or may not occur. Which is an improvent in comparison to USER that
> disable caching for the complete page.

Since when does a USER object disable caching for the complete page?
This is only true for the case where the author sets something like
no_cache=1, which is the same bad style as described above.
And I don't think that you can call it "quite clear" if something "may or
may not occur", since you never know what will occur, when it will occur and
how to change this behaviour.

IMHO it's better to have a default TS setup that works the way the author
prefers using the existing objects USER, USER_INT or maybe COA and COA_INT
with just USER inside.
This way you can have a default behaviour _and_ the flexibility to modify
this behaviour completely.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
http://www.cybercraft.de