[TYPO3-dev] Resultlist & Details View USER_(INT)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Jan 18 12:56:21 CET 2006

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> OK. That is a good idea. You include the same class in one case as USER in the
> other case as USER_INT.

Correct.

> Let's go one step forward and do it by a condition that evaluates the id
> parameter of the detail dataset. Place the condition into the extension TS.

I used to do this but found that it makes my TS setup less readable.
Thus I started to define objects on the level where they are first used.
It made my root TS less "crowded" :)

> Then we don't need to wait for USER_CINT and don't need additional settings in
> the page template. Right? Would you recommend that solution as best practice?

I merely expressed my own solution :) I think it is nice and easy to
use. "List" and "details" are not the only cases when you may want to
convert USER to USER_INT.

Dmitry.