[TYPO3-dev] FlexForms and utf-8

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Jan 16 16:39:32 CET 2006

Hi!

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Hm... The backend language is english. Does this mean I can't have utf-8
> encoding with an english backend? Sorry for that stupid question, but I
> have no idea of this whole encoding stuff, but I have to make it work. ;-)

I finally remember... Yes, I had the same problem editing flexforms with
non-english letters. There show garbage even if BE is set to UTF-8. If
you switch to corresponding language in you user setup, it will work
properly.

The solution is to move all labels from flexforms to locallang file.
This way you get everything in proper language: english labels for
english BE, turkish labels for turkish BE, etc.

Dmitry.