[TYPO3-dev] Static Info Tables

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Mon Jan 16 13:48:09 CET 2006

> I would be interested to take this over for some time until I have
> converted and merged extension Static Info Library into your base
> extension. Unfortunately, it may take a little while, because I am
> currently fully loaded.

I hope there's currently nothing urgent todo, therefore that's fine.

> I think each of the language packs could perhaps be owned by the Chief
> translators?

Language packs can be generated (with cc_infotablesmgm) on the fly from the
CLDR data I used for import.
That means it takes 20 min to create a language pack including upload.
BUT. Not all languages are available in CLDR, and for example in the current
language packs some data is missing.

The TYPO3 translation system do not help here. Only the lables can be
translated, not the data.

I hope that the Static Info Tables Manager (cc_infotablesmgm) will help here.
That tool can be used to list, edit, merge data and export that as static sql
dump. It is not perfect but it works.

That way several people can maintain the data. Not all data is available from
CLDR and we still need manual editing.

I think we need a coordinator who merge the data from the maintainers and
publish updates.
The language packs can be generated by the maintainers of the pack or by the
coordinator.

René

--
COLORCUBE