[TYPO3-dev] Translations/localizing Typo3 4.0

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Jan 15 20:40:39 CET 2006

Hi Stig,

>> The answer is simple: No extensions will be included, typo3/ext/ will
>> remain empty starting with 4.0. Exceptions are all system extensions
>> which you find in typo3/sysext/.
>
> Just to clear this up for me.
> Are we in long term going away from global/local installed extensions
> (only having local installed and sysext)?
> I hope not.

I think this had been explained in the Beta announcement already:

We will not ship any global extensions anymore, giving more recent
extensions from TER some more priority. The typo3/ext/ directory will be an
empty place which can be filled with your own extensions that could be used
on all sites of your server.

The local extensions will stay as they are - providing a place for
extensions which are only used for this single site.

There is nothing wrong with this since the global extensions have not been
extended (besides some small fixes) since TYPO3 3.6 anyway...

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out