[TYPO3-dev] Some language issues in editing icons

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Thu Jan 12 13:31:49 CET 2006

Hi Tapio,

>> use the extdeveval to convert locallang.php > locallang.xml.
>
> Where in the source code?

extdeveval is an extension. You install it and then you will find a
developers' toolbar in the top part of your TYPO3 backend. And also you
will find the module 'ExtDevEval' in the tools section.

There you will find a dropdown menu where you choose 'Convert
locallang.php files to XML format'.

Then choose your extension, then the file... voilà! :)

> Does locallang.php have problems with German and XML-works then better.
> If there is both locallang.php and locallang.xml has the priority?

Depends on which charset you use. We ran into problems when using UTF-8
in case you also write the locallang.php in UTF-8. Whilst locallang.php
in LATIN worked out fine. But in my opinion in general the locallang.xml
is to prefer as you have meta information such as charset etc.

locallang.xml has priority in case both exist.

Regards,
Jochen

--
:: innovative it-strategies ::