[TYPO3-dev] OT: Graphical CVS client for OS X?

"Rafael Schär [beYou media]" typo3 at goldkueste.ch
Tue Jan 10 16:58:34 CET 2006

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:09:14 -0600, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>> no, no... check this out: http://macromates.com/
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> we should stop here now and not start another of those PC<-->MAC
>>> discussions, please! ;-)
>>>
>> But I love these!!!!
>>
>> +1 for mac :)
>

> Sorry...I had to...
> +1 for Mac. Just switched, using Eclipse and dbg with subversion plus
> cocoamysql for my database for all my php development. So convenient!!
> I  did switch from Windows though, so I am enjoying a symlinked typo3
> installation. Man it's easy to update.
>
> Christoph

macos is fancy enough, but if it is really an alternative, I don't know,
I am still doubting about it.

I work only in real linux enviroment, I don't want aproximately the same
like linux, I want linux for developing. so thats why I combine windows
& linux with virtualization; check it out...

even if you take like vmware for your windows machine or what I choosed,
windows and colinux: very nice and cute linux virutalization
http://www.colinux.org

my summary
~1 for mac 1/2 a point for political issues
+1 for windows & colinux

I appreciate some windows applications and really would miss them, even
if there is an alternative, but everytime missing some features in linux
or mac.

for now, colinux is my solution.
having debian running as a virtual linux with my samba share, usable in
windows as a normal drive.
And... the greatest benefit are the backups and sync of dev and live
version. no ftp no sftp... real ssh with great rsync tool.
you also can run your cvs locally.
So to come to an end.. :-)
I can run exact the same installation as on my live server... rsync my
projects ... updated and backup my project in both ways in a few seconds :-)

...filesystem AND db...

greetinx

Rafael