[TYPO3-dev] RFC: New page type - pop up

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jan 9 17:13:15 CET 2006

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to know your opion on a new page type or page property to make a
> page a pop up. I remember an extension which XCLASSed tslib_content to
> achive that all links to that page are changed into popup links. Would be
> cool to see this in 4.0

I have a patch ready which patches tslib_content in such a way that the
"Shortcut" type Page has a "Link Browser" like known from the RTE.

The result is that you can link a Page to anything you can link from an RTE:

* Simple Pages (Target: _top, _blank, Popup with width defined width/height)
* Files
* External URL
* Emails

if you are interested I can send it to you.

I already posted it to the core list but it seems as this is a bigger issue. The
icon of the page currently shows a special icon for external urls and links to pages.
it would be required (was a request) that this patch only can get applied if the
icons even get shown after this modification (and new icons for link-to-file and link-to-mail
have to get created)

Also it will be required to use the newly introduced "Update Wizard" of the Install tool to
convert all "old-school" external links to "new-school" Links with an external url as target.

So I think you will see this not until 4.1 (sorry)

greets,
Bernhard