[TYPO3-dev] add 'extract option' in the fileadmin module

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Jan 8 00:38:08 CET 2006

Brice Bernard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is just a thought, I think it could be great if backend user could see
> the option 'extract' when clicking on file uploaded throught the fileadmin
> module.

If you mean by "extract" to unzip a zip-file or untar a tar.gz/bz2 then have
a look at my

kb_unpack

extension which I wrote during the last years snowboard tour.

(It takes also care that no .php files get extracted into the fileadmin directory
as this would be a kind of backdoor - currently you can't upload .php files without
special settings !!)

greets,
Bernhard