[TYPO3-dev] A small frontend editing issue

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Jan 5 12:06:28 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> tapio schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> When you set the frontend editing opening
>> into a pop-up-window Typo3 when closing the
>> window by using the button *'Save and close'*
>> it would be nice to get the actual page reloaded.
>>
>> Well this would need some JavaScript,
>> which I could add to my extension (and someone
>> in some situation also to the core).
>>
>> Is there any common name, which could tell
>> JavaScript, what is the name of the window,
>> which opens the pop-up-window?
>

> window.opener is a reference to the window object that opened the
> current window.
>
> window.namek
> window.opener.location.reload(true)
>
> Masi

Thanks. I'll put this in 'tm_contentaccess'. Someone should add that
also to the core. When using close and save and close buttons, it
would be nice if the opener window would be updated.
Endeed if nothing has been changed it is not necessary.
Extra check would be good.

Maybe I should make a bug report about this issue?