[TYPO3-dev] can I use table cache_hash for my own extensions?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 4 12:19:02 CET 2006

Ingo Renner schrieb am 04.01.2006 00:14:

> can I use the cache_hash table to cache information from my own extensions
> or is it not recommended to do so?
> Actually it would fit pretty perfect for what I want to do:
> I want to retrieve some rss and want cche it together with an hash,
> identifier and a timestamp.

I think that's the idea of that table. You can store anything inside it,
and retrieve it later by its md5-hash value. Its used by the core to
cache parsed TypoScript, parsed menu structures, etc. See
t3lib_pageSelect::getHash() and t3lib_pageSelect::storeHash()
to use them on your own.

Cheers,
Ernesto