[TYPO3-dev] Categorization module for Typo3

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jan 2 20:14:37 CET 2006

tapio wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is Smile Categorization, but
> * it doesn't have a table for categories - just a field in the table
> 'pages' - people can use inconsitent names
> * it doesn't have a module to set for pages categories easy
>
> It would be nice, if someone could develop a proper category module

I would try to create that module, but I don't have experience creating
be-module. Using kickstarter I got just a module, which doesn't do anything.
I looked 'smile_categorization'. I has XCLASS to the same core file,
which I have used and it is incompatible with my extension.

I has also a serious problem. The author has changed the behavior of
'group' TCA type. It works always selecting category pages and it can't
be used in another purpose.

Parts of that plugin could however use as the base of a better
categorization. I just wonder, why people are not interesting creating a
proper categorization to typo.