[TYPO3-dev] Strange behavior of Freetype with version 4.0Beta3

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 19:18:17 CET 2006

i found a very stragte behavior wich is new in beta3

i stumbled over it trying to use gifbuilder objects like that:

> ib.fu.menu.header.file = GIFBUILDER
> lib.fu.menu.header.file {
> 	XY = 780,81
> 	backColor= white
> 	format = gif
> 	quality = 100
> 	.. other ts stuff ..
> 	3 = TEXT
> 	3.text.field= nav_title // title
> 	3.fontSize=18
> 	3.fontColor =#000000
> 	3.fontFile = fileadmin/resource/fonts/verdana.ttf
> 	3.offset=20,50
> }

the problem was that the fontColor value was not interperetd correctly
the whole font was yellow or missing at all.

after that i thought that my configuration was wrong and i checked the
install tool

Basic config:: all fine a font was rendered as expexted
Image config/gd functions:: no fonts at all but some errors about
missing fonts in t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php

i found out that in t3lib/fonts the symlinks for verdana and arial were
missing but that did'nt solve the problem.

!!! after changing the source to beta2 the problem was gone !!!

Question: can anyone cofirm the problem? in that case i will create a
bug-report but until now i still fear the problem is sitting before my
computer.

regards Martin