[TYPO3-dev] Persistent USER and USER_INT objects

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Fri Feb 24 21:22:57 CET 2006

Hi!

To the core developers of TYPO3: Thanks for all your hard work. I can
imagine that you're quite busy these days but I hope one of you will
find the time to help me on this question:

Could you please tell me why it shouldn't be possible to use persistent
objects in TypoScript the same way it's possible in PHP?

I'd like to use something like this:

10 = USER
10{
	userFunc = &tx_myext_pi1->main
}

But this is not possible because the tslib_cObj->callUserFunction
function doesn't store persistent objects (as is the case with the
t3lib_div::callUserFunction function).

Could someone please shed some light on this? Is it for security reasons?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Mads Brunn