[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT with multiple TYPO3s

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Fri Feb 24 12:44:16 CET 2006

Hello,

I have multiple TYPO3 installations on my site.
So I have created a lot of subdirectories using the dummy.tar.gz files
and renamed them.

v10154:/var/www/vhosts/story-castle.net/httpdocs # ls

gives the subfolders where each contains its own fileadmin, typo3conf,
typo3temp and media folders and the symbolic links to the TYPO3 sourde.

Each uses its own database.
So these installations are independant from each other.

However if  an extension now uses the TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the
path to fileadmin, this goes wrong:

SCRIPT_NAME	/fholzinger2/typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT	/var/www/vhosts/story-castle.net/httpdocs

The TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT should be
/var/www/vhosts/story-castle.net/httpdocs/fholzinger2
for the TYPO3 installation of directory fholzinger2.

If an extension uses only TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT this currently goes to the
wrong fileadmin folder!

What do you think?

Regards,

Franz