[TYPO3-dev] EXT:tstemplate patch request.

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Wed Feb 22 10:19:15 CET 2006

Michael Stucki skrev:
> Hi Stig,
>
>> In the conf.php file of tstemplate the following is stated:
>> "If this is changed so not only admin-users can manipulate templates,
>> there need to be done something with the constant editor that is not
>> allowed to 'clear the cache' then!!".
>>
>> I would like special non-admins users to get access to the tstemplate
>> module as well. The reson is that I have several sites on one
>> installation, and it would be nice if my "sub-admins" could edit the
>> tstemplate without having full admin access.
>>
>> Is tstemplate regarded as a T3Core on bugs.typo3.org?
>> If so should I commit the diffs to bugs.typo3.org?
>
> I have closed your bugtracker record again. Reason:
>
> This change is not possible because it will allow non-admins to include a
> PHP script, for example.

Do you also see this threat in the Constant Editor part?

I think that letting non-admins get access to the Constant Editor would
be beneficial also to those who have large site where they have be-users
who are in charge of sub-divisions of the site.

Maybe if tstemplate was a bit more configurable, so that the default
would be that only admins have access, but then you could configure it
so that the moduleFunction of the Constant Editor is enabled for non-admins?

/Stig