[TYPO3-dev] Master Style 4 Typo3

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Feb 21 09:48:21 CET 2006

Franz Koch wrote:

>>>h1/h2 are already different tags, no need to use a class for that....
>>>

>+1
>

>>CSS already offers excellent ways to 'drill down' to a specific content
>>element. The main thing is to wrap the ext object in an id'd div once. Then
>>leave the rest up to css. In this way, each object can be overstyled or
>>left naturally styled depending on your preference.
>>
>>#ext_thing h1 {}
>>
>>etc. Less is more.
>>

>Well, and what do you do if you have to place the same extension twice
>on one page? Then the extension renders two elements with the same ID
>which is not valid at all. Extension-wrappers can always only be classes
>in my eyes.
>If you need unique IDs, wrap the content-elements with the uid it it
>isn't allready standard for 4.0. You need his anyway for valid XHTML as
>a-tag anchors are invalid.

That was indeed my problem... But with flex elements in templavoila that
gets show twice....
So I try to stick with what I call "base ID's" Id's for headers and
footers and main areas, things I know for SURE will only pop up once in
my design, then again... way not use classes for design only and ID for
identification for the design which sounds like a good design rule for
layout build into CMS systems…