[TYPO3-dev] Master Style 4 Typo3

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Feb 21 03:29:21 CET 2006

>>> Actually i´m afraid there is already a concept like this and just
>>> gets not used enough or i misunderstood it - if so please ignore
>>> this mail or explain it to me, otherwise i would be glad to get
>>> comments on this idea.
>>>
>>> Clean styles are the future! (Says a square-eyed-man ;)
>>>

>> Have a look at this to see that there are others sharing the same
>> idea ... http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Contend_Rendering_Schemes
>>
>> Happy styling ;-)
>>

> you mean a theme???? Like found in mamdo and several nukes?

No - not a theme - but a scheme.
A set of default classes for default output of extensions and TYPO3 itself.
It's not about having a predefined style but predefined class- and/or
id-settings.
It simply doesn't make any sense to have something like

<h1 class="tx_whatevermyextensionis_pi1_singleviewheader
firstheader">Whatever</h1>

followed by

<h2 class="tx_whatevermyextensionis_pi1_listviewheader
secondheader">Whatever</h1>

when you can have something like this:

        <h1 class="firstheader">Whatever</h1>
        <h2 class="secondheader">Whatever</h2>

Same for almost any other HTML element that is used more than once by
different extensions and/or content elements.
So as far as I understood the goal is to have as few different ids and
classes as possible to make styling a lot easier for the designers.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de