[TYPO3-dev] Questions relating new Typo3 4.0 beta3 skin

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Feb 20 13:19:36 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>Thomas Murphy schrieb:
>

>>Hello Kari,
>>
>>Kari Salovaara wrote:
>>

>>>I've looked now this new skin during last 24 hours 18 hours
>>>and my eyes start to bleed ! Ithe skin is not very ergonomic.
>>>This is of course very personal opinion so it should not be discussed.
>>>

>I like the new skin better than the old one. I allways get depressed by grey
>skins. I like white and coulorfull skins. I was lucky when skingreyman was
>available with all that white. I use a laptop. The white is not as bright as on
>monitors I guess.
>
>I still prefer skingreyman to Thomas new skin, mainly because the icons are not
>so small. That is a question of the monitors resolution.
>
>But it is the idea of skins, that you can use the one you like best. It would be
>good to have some choice and if there would be some contest. I hope the
>marketing team will organize a skin contest in this year.
>
>/el

I do agree about contrast skin, the use of alll kinda soft color started
a couple of years ago and seems to be a trent, let's not follow a trent
like we always do with typo3 but follow what we feel is right and listen
to users...
That means that I think we can find a good combiniation between the old
high contrast skin and a new low contrast skin. I have been working with
/skin_grey for quite some time and there is not enough contrast...
Today I installed t3skin_40 and it looks a lot better except for the
page tree. That could really use some more color.

it is true that everybody can make there own skin... which is freedom,
But we must admit that making a skin is not for everybody. I am a really
bad bad designer, and I can't maker a skin, I just can say what I like
or don't like (blue and purpel is for me a good combination together
with red dots for the background./... ).

So I was thinking to make a high contrast skin, and use CSS opacity
together with a slider to match eachothers eye :)

Ries

/