[TYPO3-dev] How to support the review team?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Feb 18 19:14:55 CET 2006

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Rodacker wrote:

> Well, due to work load and time pressure several issues need still some
> support, so I am here to offer my support. In the ECT I have volunteered
> to coordinate the Extension Rating System and Reviews project ... well
> some of the work is already done like Michael Sharkow postet on the
> typo3org list which is great news. I have some other issues in my mind
> when thinking about Extension Ratings and Reviews so I think it is a
> good idea to start supporting the review team and get an impression how
> things are going to work.
>
> So, please let me know how I can support the work of the review team? I
> am not a coding expert, but I know about important security issues and I
> am willing to learn about some new ;-)
>
> Are there some guidelines available how to review an extension? If not I
> am happy to offer some input on that topic or any other part in the
> process as well.
>
> I am deeply impressed about the work that is going on during the last
> weeks and I only can keep up my thumbs and smile .... keep on rocking.

thanks a lot for your motivating words. In short: If you would like to know
more about the security reviews, just watch the most recent video podcast
[1] Kasper and I made about this topic. If you want to help with the
security reviews, you'd have to be a member of the security team. And in
order to become one, you have to be really sure that you want to stay there
and be active for a while.

Cheers,
robert

[1] http://typo3.org/podcast
--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development