[TYPO3-dev] What happened to typo3.org ?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Feb 15 22:56:53 CET 2006

Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> One thought to offer though. A blind friend of mine has told me that the
>> single thing that most improves his experience of a website (with a
>> screen reader) is if there is a "Skip Menu" link at the top of the page.
>> If you're blind, its very irritating to be forced to listen to the same
>> menu over and over again before getting to the meaning of the page. This
>> link can easily be placed in a hidden DIV for everyone else.
>
> +1. Also the blur function-calls in the navigation should be removed to
> make the site usable for people that have to navigate with a keyboard.
> Same on .com. Besides that, I really like it. Thanks to all involved.

Hi Everyone,

Great design! Just want to plus the previous two posts concerning the
accessibility thingies. Very easy to implement and a great joy also when
using opera mini that I just installed on my mobile. Haha reading TSRef
on my mobile ;-) Anyway.

* I think the site needs a width for a higher resolution. I think we can
safely go to 1024X768 screens. I see more and more sites popping up
using that. I am not default designing for that, but there are a lot of
pages that cannot never fit on a smaller res. I would use a width of
about 960 px. That would also make the documentation better readable as
the column is a bit to narrow for comfortable reading and the extensions
fit on the page.

* And you also need a printstyle sheet. I will be happy to make that.
Just give me a day or two.

* Owww uhhh the site is full of validation errors. Can we try to get it
XHTML transitional? There is a Content Rendering Group you know that
will gladly assist. Who is in charge of TYPO3.org now?

Many thanks this will greatly improve TYPO3's image.

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com -  www.typo3.nl