[TYPO3-dev] Typo3.org is up

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 08:03:23 CET 2006

>> great looking design

A good improvement. Now let's quickly spend a short time clearing away the
bugs. If TYPO3 cannot build a bug free site it is not a good advert.

http://typo3.org/about/
1) Using 'this page' as a text link is pretty bad. So change
-If you want to know what TYPO3 is, have a quick look at this page.
+If you want to know what TYPO3 is, have a quick look at 'About TYPO3'

-For an overview of the various official TYPO3 websites have a look at this
page.
+For an overview of the various official TYPO3 websites have a look at
'Official TYPO3 websites'

http://typo3.org/about/new-to-typo3/
3)
-If you where impressed...
+If you were impressed...

-answers Lazyness is often...
+answers Laziness is often...

http://typo3.org/about/faq/
4) "Yep, try out demo.typo3.com, or download your own copy."
The demo does not exist at this URL anymore if at all.

http://typo3.org/community/typo3-user-groups/
5) Content pushes out into the right grey area.

http://typo3.org/extensions/
6) Linux FF the extensions push out into the grey area

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/
7) There are no documents in this whole documentation/tutorial area?

That will do for now.

I think the grey fade on the right is claustrophobic and should inspire
space and freedom and not be dark and closed as it is.

My advice, make it an orange fade and then reverse it from white top left to
orange bottom right. This should increase the sense of journey for the eye
and remove the closed dark feel.

Good work!
Matthew