[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Feb 14 12:59:43 CET 2006

Hi,

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> dan frost schrieb:
[...]
> Have a nice day

Y'll too. ;)

Point is:
* TYPO3-fellowers have not liked the need of these symlinks for a _long
time_
* It never had enough priority for anyone to take care of it, now one of
the core-devs decided to take up on it. IMHO: great!
* This matter has created one of the most vital discussions on the list.
Discussions are good but opionins wont always be equal. ;)

@Elmar: Just trust all those long-time active TYPO3-folks. Symlinks
should go at the earliest stage possible, probably right now! The cores
take care of doing testing at first and we have beta3 and rc's to test
on it in broad-scope. If we really run into serious trouble theres still
the possibility to put it back into 4.0 final.

Arguments:
* more clean
* dramatic decrease in handling of platform specific issues
* There's a dev that is putting a lot of energy into it _right now_ and
I doubt we will have a chance to postpone this motivation to some
unknown point in the future

Now you have my 10 lines on this matter as well. ;)
Actually I dont care that much for it.

Peter
--
Peter Niederlag