[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Tue Feb 14 07:15:36 CET 2006

dan frost schrieb:
> Elmar,
>
> I have been labeled as a completely useless and annoying mailing list
> contributor (trying to avoid certain words here!)...
>
> But, you seem to have created some of the most agressive and fruitless
> threads by simply being argumentitive.
>
> For goodness sake, please help TYPO3 by helping and not arguing all the
> time. Presenting "this is how it should be done" emails counts for
> nothing compared to actual, real, complete, tested, documented, proven,
> shared, and useful code. Aim for 1 posting line per *much more* in code!
>
> <note>
> I realise that this is OT and a direct attack - but the mailing lists
> are getting too "noisey" recently... I am sorry for this posting.
> </note>
>
> dan

Hi Dan,

yes, this thread has been relatively fruitless. But I think you shouldn't blame
me alone for this. I have given my opinion, I have given my arguments.
Unfortunatly I it has been slightly different from that from others and it seems
that it is not been tolerated to have a different point of view upon a topic,
even if it doesn't differ much.

I have thought that it is enough to give your arguments. But that isn't
accepted. You rather are hunted here for having a slightly different position.
If people would give arguments, that would be O.K.. But beeing prosecuted
without arguments? Being forced to repeat the arguments you already have given?
Being attact for position that never were yours? The worse is that people
obviously didn't even read what you said already and what others said. They see
there is something ongoing and fall in even without informing them before.

All this I find very strange. It neccesarily leads to aggression if the person
that dares to have an own point of view doesn't fly. Who is to blame for that? I
fly now, or rather go away by decision, unconvinced but of necessity.

Have a nice day

Elmar