[TYPO3-dev] XCLASS conflict examples

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Feb 13 16:42:30 CET 2006

Dennis Cheung wrote:
> That is a main point.
> If it need something have to done manually by coding on php.
> Why we need XCLASS? It is not trustable.
>

>>kb_pm_paste has a XCLASS for *two small functions* - totally
>>unnecessary and creates an unnecessary conflict with 'class.
>>ux_t3lib_clipboard.php' for 'kb_conttable'.
>

> That's why hooks/service is better in most case.

In this case hooks might not be helped and even hooks are not always
necessary.

The main point is just
that it is reasonable to avoid unnecessary XCLASS-implementations.
In some cases local versions of some functions makes the task.

Then there are at lest three alternavites to choose

1) XCLASS

2) Hooks

3) Local versions of functions.

The main point is that try to use the most reasonable alternative - and
not automatic use some habit.