[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Mon Feb 13 15:23:06 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:46:01 +0100, René Fritz <r.fritz at colorcube.de>
wrote:

>Hi everybody
>
>The core developers discussed today the possibility to change TYPO3 that
>symlinks are no longer needed. The advantage is that installation is much
>simpler, especially when people have a ftp account only.

Would it be possible to generate 2 packages, one with and one without
symlinks and then take the final step to without symlinks in the next
version jump? I think that would give everybody time to get accustomed
to the changes.

Just so I get this right... would lack of symlinks make it harder to
update to new packages? It's very convenient as it is now under
unixes.

Jörg