[TYPO3-dev] About comments

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Mon Feb 13 14:11:11 CET 2006

Hello

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I want to ask all of you (and especially core developers!) to put more
> comments into source code :) It really simplifies life.

I totally agree with you. But I think readable code is much more
important. That means no fancy geeky nerdy tricks to use less character,
use shorter functions and of course self explaining names for functions
and variables.

If someone doesn't know it yet, there is a coding style guide:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_cgl/

The funny thing about TYPO3 is, that the most university programming
teachers would jump in circles, if they would take a look at the source
code (OOP, Patterns, normalizing DB...)

But most important thing is, someone did it, and it works. Perfect code
is great, but it's more important to writhe it.

Greets Jonas