[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:04:06 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> This is what I though about. Details of actual ajax implementation
> should be hidden behind typo3 wrapper. This way people do not have to
> change their implementation if we decide to change underlying framework.

Hi Dmitry and all list,

You certainly catch the main point. The discussion about the right
library depends definitively on what we offer to typo3 community.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody has asked for typoscript integration.
IMHO, the main point of Typo3 is that it has to stay "manageable" for
non-php-programmers webmasters : It has to be enough easy and
user-friendly to allow people to build a typo3 site without any php
coding line.

If we decide to include AJAX as a full function, IMHO we have to include
it in Typoscript. Something as simple as :

10 = AJAX_OBJ
10.url = 325 <= ID of the page answering to the AJAX request or external URL
10.method = POST
10.post.form = my_form <= id of the form where we catch parameters
10.tagId = my_div_id <= id of the tag where we put the AJAX answer

or

10 = AJAX_OBJ
10.url = http://www.mysite.com/answer.php
10.method = GET
10.get.10 = param1=val1 <= GET first parameter
10.get.20 = param2=val2 <= GET second parameter
10.tagId = my_div_id <= id of the tag where we put the AJAX answer

All attributes must have stdWrap possibilities of course :)

That's the good way to integrate AJAX in typo3 and to keep our own way
of providing services to people.

Just M2P,

Regards,

JB