[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Feb 11 09:16:23 CET 2006

Hello Kari,

> Serious question:
> What kind of estimate You have for time consumtion when I have
> to upgrade about 40 Typo3 (Linux) installations from 3.6.x, 3.7.x
> and 3.8.x versions into Typo3 4.x version (sooner or later) ?
> Average estimate per site ?

this is impossible to say, because nobody knows which extensions you use
and whether they will be compatible to the new code in TYPO3 4.0. It
depends very much on the moment when you want to do this. If it is
months after the publishment of TYPO3 4.0 this will work better than on
the first day after. This is because the extension authors will need
some time to correct the errors in their extensions.

If it is just because of the missing symlinks: You can write a special
dummy.tar.gz file which will create all the symlinks automatically.

Regards,

Franz