[TYPO3-dev] Removing symlinks in V 4.0

Sat Feb 11 09:14:10 CET 2006

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>
> Do we agree that professionals will be able to easily do the upgrade?

We agree that professionals are able to do the necessary things. But the
customers have to pay that in the end.

> (and test *before*!) The hobbyist will possibly wait, or learn...the
> hardway but remember, even if it's free of charge, TYPO3 is still an
> Enterprise software, not your usual Mambo...   ;)

In opposite to hobbyist software you define enterprise software as a software
where sudden unprepared breaks are O.K., because the professionals can react to
it. That's a definition.

The hobbyist get's more reliable software from you because he hasn't the
abilities to react to problems.

*lol*

> Enterprise (and USA in general...) means running Windows. Like it or not.

I doubt if most webpages are hosted on windows. And I wouldn't give up good beer
for the beer people drink in general in USA. ;-)

USA is a wounderfull land. There are still so many fields where they can improve
things. Banks, cars, cheese, democracy, measurs, OS, ... Best conditions for
real entrepreneurs. ;-)

Have a nice WE

/el