[TYPO3-dev] Time for AJAX coordination?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Sat Feb 11 08:49:39 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Building a site that only has a useful UI with AJAX is a broken site. So
> the lib must degrade gracefully.

You know, I used to say almost the same a year ago but about Netscape 4:
"Site must work on NS4 as well". It turned to a big headache - I had to
make two completely different markups for the same design. Finally, I
abandoned NS4 and was very happy about it. There were too little people
who use it and whom I could ignore. According to my statistics, over 98%
of users have MSIE or FireFox. <2% is not too much to make 200% of
development. Though I still care a little about them and do 110% - I use
xhhtprequest emulator for those who do not have modern browser :)

Dmitry.
---