[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:45:44 CET 2006

Hi,

It should not use XCLASS. (even typo3 should completely remove it in 5.0)

You must use hooks to do that. May be using the service(in 3.8) concept.

If we want the "base class" without rewrite, but alter how it works.
Or, in another words, it is an AOP programming.(I don't know can it be
done in PHP)

Even there may be someother way to do the same thing.
e.g. The OSGI framework using by Eclipse looks good for complex extensisons.

Dennis