[TYPO3-dev] Please proof bug so that I can report it to bugtracker

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Wed Feb 8 10:42:43 CET 2006

Hi list,

I think I just found a bug. It is not an essential thing, but it
currently anoyes me because I can't do what I wanted to do. There you go:

In TCA->ctrl you can define a "label_alt" as well as set
"label_alt_force", this works in most cases fine, but if these are set
and the "label" itself is defined for a field with "special" type like
"date" or "mm-table" the blank value of the database-field is shown, not
the processed value (datefield-label shows timestamp, mm-field-label
shows stored uid).
But if "label_alt_force" is disabled or if there is no "label_alt",
everything works fine. Switching the fields works also fine. Example:

Working:
-	label = title
	label_alt = date,mm_field
	label_alt_force = true
- 	label = date
	label_alt = title

Not Working:
-	label = date
	label_alt = title
	label_alt_force = true

Can anybody confirm this? Tested as not working in 3.8.1 and 4.0 Beta2.

PS: what should this bugreport in bugtracker be related to? CORE TCA or
CORE functionXY?
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch