[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Tue Feb 7 19:26:11 CET 2006

Hello,

> > If I do so using XCLASS, my work will be a dead-end, as no one will be
able
> > to extend my work : XCLASS can't be extended
>
> this is actually not quite correct as you can extend xclasses, you just
> can't xclass a base class two or more times.

I agree, but doing what you are proposing doesn't allow several classes to
extend a base class for the reason that you, as a developper, don't know (
and can't know ) which extensions are installed on the Typo3 instance.

You can't realize something like

    class a
    class ux_b extends a
    class ux_ux_c extends ux_b

without forcing ux_b to be installed and activated.

And that's the point of my reflexion.
Managing some kind of PHP array, that extensions can feed to alter or add a
behavior to a base class without presupposing which extensions will be
installed ( just like the TCA )

Some kind of dynamic inheritance.

What do you think ?

news:mailman.1.1139328606.21214.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...