[TYPO3-dev] Migration from Typo3 3.8.0 to 4.0 beta

Andreas Balzer newslist at andreas-balzer.de
Tue Feb 7 12:05:17 CET 2006

Hi!
I just wanted to ask you as developers, whether it makes sense, to
migrate from typo3 3.8.0 to the beta of version 4 already? (Because we
have just holidays and more time to do..)

How 'stable' is it? (how many critical bugs does it have..)
Is it easier just to upload an update from beta to final, or will the
final version be 'not compatible in any way' with the beta? Does it
makes any sense to try the beta in the field? (of course we have backups
for any case..)

And my last question.. Does a migration guide exists?

Greetings
Andreas