[TYPO3-dev] Page creation

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Feb 1 22:43:34 CET 2006

Sylvain Potiez wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a new user of Typo3.
> can you explain me how to create basically a new page, or give me the
> address of a document which explains it well from the beginning ?
> thanx a lot !
>  Sylvain

Hello and welcome to TYPO3 !

It should first be questioned wheter you simply want to create a "page" in the meaning
of "website" at all ... then you would have to read Modern Template Building [1]

If you would like how to create a new page record when you have already set up TYPO3
then you should read the "Getting started" manual [2]

In both cases this question should have better been asked on the "t.english" mailinglist/newsgroup
as this one is the dev list which is rather related to core and extension development questions.

Only if you would like to know how to create page using an automated mechanism (a PHP script or similar)
this would be correct on this list.
For doing this you have to know how the tables of T3 work and what each field means and in this case
you should read TYPO3 core APIs [3]

If you are interested in seeing all possible documentation you should have a look at the
T3 documentation matrix on typo3.org [4]

1: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_templselect/
2: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_quickstart/
3: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/
4: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/Matrix/